PIER TO PEAK WALKABOUT IN THE DOWNTOWN VENTURA AREA!
JOIN THE GROUP WHEN/WHEREEVER YOU CAN/WANT…
Times given are my best guesstimate for movement between the stated destinations, including loitering time. This timing is delayed 30 minutes from last time and should work well, especially for those not paying for the Wine Walk.
Someone in the lead group may post Messages here on where we are during the day, but you should be able to find us following close to the published schedule. Take a look at the Map Link in this posting to see what is described below!
HERE IS THE PROPOSED SCHEDULE:
(1) 10:30AM: Meet at the Downtown Ventura Public (free) Parking Structure: Exit the 101 on California Street and turn north. Turn right where California Street is closed to traffic and the Parking Structure will be on your left. We’ll meet in the alleyway on the north side of the Parking Structure by California Street. Lure’s Fish House and Ventura EBikes are nearby establishments.
(2) 10:50AM HIKE START: We’ll walk south on California Street, jog left (east) on Harbor Blvd., then out onto the pier for a quick visit.
(3) 11:40AM: Leaving the pier, head straight north and take the Pedestrian Overpass over the 101 freeway, then go north on S. Ash Street to Thompson Blvd. Turn left (west) on Thompson and then spend the next hour and a half at your choice(s) of Spencer Makenzie’s, Leashless Brewing, The Barrel House, The Habit, etc…
*** PLAN TO BE BACK AT THE START BY 1:20PM!!! ***
Timing for the next segment is somewhat critical…
We’ will depart for The Ventura Cross no later than 1:30PM!
(4) 1:30PM (sharp): We’ll walk to the top of California Street, jog right (east) on Poli Street, then left to The Botanical Gardens Parking Lot where we’ll take the meandering dirt path up to Brakey Road.
There is an Admission Fee of $7 to hike up through the Botanical Gardens. If you’ve never done this, I highly recommend it!
ALTERNATIVELY, you can save your $7 by going left (West) on Poli from the top of California Street and taking Brakey Road up to The Ventura Cross from there.
Either way, at the top we’ll turn left (west) on Brakey Road and find our way to The Ventura Cross.
(5) 2:15PM: We’ll depart The Cross, taking Ferro Drive, Brakey Road, or perhaps some great dirt shortcuts that intersect Ferro Drive on the way back down to Poli Street. From Ferro Drive, turn to the east on Poli Street then take N Palm Street down to Main Street. From Brakey Road, take any road south to Main Street.
(6) It will be nearly 3:00PM by now. Those who are starting (and paying for) “The Spring Wine Walk” at Winchesters can walk east on Main, a few hundred yards away for the 3PM suggested Registration Time, noting the actual Wine Walk starts at 4PM. Those checking in at the museum will be nearly there when we get down to Main Street.
NOTE that you can do The Wine Walk for free but you won’t get free tastings… Follow the link below for more on this!
Take a look at our published event for The Wine Walk:
2023 VENTURA SPRING WINE WALK
And… see our December 11, 2021 event for a preview here:
OUR 2021 WINTER WINE WALK EVENT