*** Rain will cancel this hike ***
We will meet at 6:30pm and start hiking promptly at 6:35.
This evening’s hike will be the short version of Limekiln which is perfect for beginners. It’s roughly 4 miles, out-and-back, with an elevation gain of about 500′.
Limekiln presents a variety of terrain and landscapes. So, be prepared for hiking asphalt and gravel roads, single track trails, hills, wooded areas, and crossing creeks. Limekiln is one of the areas devastated by recent fires, and although the green is returning, we will see the aftereffects.
We will stop at the turn-around point for a short break. On the way back, there is a possibility we may follow different trails but they all lead to the original which will get us to our starting point safe and sound.
Limekiln Canyon Trail at Porter Ranch
From the 118:
Exit Tampa Ave and head north.
Turn left (west) on Rinaldi St.
Get into the right lane as the trailhead will come up quickly on the right (northside of the street).
Park on either side of the street.
Trail: Single track and fire road
Distance: 4 miles
Elevation Gain: 500′
Difficulty: Beginner, fit beginner, intermediate
Dogs: Yes, leashed
Water Fountain: No
Parking: Free on both sides of Rinaldi
Known Dangers: slip and fall, rattlesnakes, mountain bikers
WHAT TO BRING:
2 liters of water
Energy food, snacks, electrolytes
DISCLAIMER / RELEASE OF LIABILITY:
• You must RSVP to attend this event, no exceptions.
• When you sign up for any event, you are releasing the organizers of Hike and Explore from all liability in case of possible injuries.
• The organizers of Hike and Explore are volunteers and not trained leaders.
• We do not confirm the qualifications of any of its members to lead or participate in trips.
• You are responsible for you. By participating in any posted event, you’re taking responsibility for your own safety and well-being.
• Hiking and other outdoor events are inherently dangerous and accidents can happen. All participants take full responsibility for their own actions.
• Your personal safety depends on your own judgment and experience. This applies to any guests you may invite.
• If there are more than three no-shows, you will be removed from the group