Please bring a headlamp or flashlight.
Please review our guidelines to participate in our hikes. Restrictions apply for your safety and ours:
- Don’t show up unless you’re on the “Attending” list
- No “Plus Ones” on this hike
- Plan on completing the entire hike at a reasonable pace or please find an alternative hike that better suits your hiking level.
- This hike is a moderate 5 mile out and back, with a total elevation gain/loss about 800 ft. The hike starts at the Wendy/Potrero trailhead where Wendy Dr meets Potrero Rd. We will take the Wendy-Satwiwa Connector Trail to the Old Cabin Trail to the Danielson Monument, where will have an optional snack share. We will return on the same trail maybe in the dark, so bring a flashlight.
How to get there: From 101 (Ventura Freeway), exit at the Wendy Dr and head south (towards the ocean). Drive about 3 miles where Wendy Dr ends at Potrero Rd.
Distance: 6 miles
Elevation Gain: ~800 ft
Dogs: No. This hike will take us to Pt Mugu State Park (dogs not allowed).
Water Fountain: No
Parking: Wendy Dr and Potrero Rd
Trail: Out and back.
Sunset: 5:30 PM
Weather: Rain, Wind, Extreme temperatures cancels hike.
Known Dangers: Rattlesnakes, slip-‘n-fall, and poison oak
Bring: Extra layer (wind breaker recommended) to take on and off as needed, Flashlight/headlamp. Water maybe 1L. It is always good to bring more than you need!
Directions: From 101 (Ventura Freeway), exit at the Wendy Dr and head south (towards the ocean). Drive about 3 miles where Wendy Dr ends at Portero Rd.
- You must RSVP to attend this event, no exceptions.
- Do NOT leave anything of value in your car, at this or any other trailhead.
DISCLAIMER / RELEASE OF LIABILITY
The hike host is a volunteer and not responsible for the group. Safety should be a priority for everyone in the group. Please treat this meet-up as hiking with a group of friends. If you become fatigued and unable to continue the hike, it is expected you will advise the hike host of this and return to our starting point on your own. If you are able to proceed, it is expected that you will maintain line of sight with other members of the group at all times and help to promote the group’s safety and fitness goals.
Outdoor sports and other events we plan can be inherently dangerous and accidents may happen. By participating in any posted event, you are taking responsibility for your own safety and well-being. The Weekday Trailblazers Meetup Group and its organizers are not trained leaders and we do not confirm the qualifications of any of its members to lead or participate in trips. All participants take full responsibility for their own actions.