Let’s go on a cruise to one of our favorite places in the world: Alaska, the last frontier.
Cruising is one of the best ways to see Alaska. No matter what kind of traveler you are, an Alaska cruise will allow you to see and experience a lot more than any other way of travelling. You will see indescribably beautiful places and will have the option to do all sorts of amazing activities. We chose the perfect cruise that has the most ports-of-call with the award-winning Norwegian Cruise Lines doing a 7-day cruise from Seward to Vancouver on the Norwegian Jewel.
– See Alaska’s most important ports-of-call: Seward, Icy Strait Point, Juneau (the capital of Alaska), Skagway and Ketchikan.
– Cruise two major glaciers, Hubbard Glacier (the biggest tidewater glacier in North America) and Sawyer Glacier, and have the chance to sail to, fly to and walk on two more: Davidson Glacier, and the majestic Mendenhall Glacier
– Cruise Inside Passage, one of the most beautiful sails in the world where you will get to see countless fjords, glaciers, and breathtaking wildlife such as whales, bald eagles and sea lions. At the end of the cruise we’re like, “yup, there’s another bald eagle, oh yeah and another whale…”. 😀
– See the salmon run, where millions of salmon swim up the river, sometimes up waterfalls, to spawn.
– Take amazing land excursions at our ports of call. They have over 100 different land excursions for all adventure levels. Some level 1 activities include wilderness watching cruises and walks (whales, birds, bears, etc), culinary experiences flightseeing over glaciers (very cool!). Level 2 activities include kayaking, ATV riding, fishing, ziplining, hiking and flying to a glacier via helicopter. Some of the level 3 activities are trekking on a glacier, snorkeling (yup, you read that correctly!) kayak whale watching (you read that correctly too!), canopy and zipline expedition, rock climbing (all levels) and rappelling. Here is the full list of the excursions for our cruise.
– Enjoy dozens of entertainment options and activities on board. From Cirque du Soleil type shows to an art gallery, they have entertainment for all tastes.
– Talking about tastes, they have 13 bars and lounges, 7 specialty restaurants on board and 8 complementary restaurants where you can order anything you want as much as you want at no extra charge.
For more info and to join, click here: https://www.1000treks.com/trips/alaska-cruise
Trail statistics are approximate. For safety purposes always assume they are underestimated. But don’t be disappointed if they are overestimated. Bring more water and snacks than you think you’ll need.
Trail descriptions are based on previous hikes. Current conditions are unknown until arrival. Expect the unexpected and plan accordingly.
The Organizers and members in this group are not professional leaders, guides, or mountaineers. The function of the member or organizer is only to organize the trip. Each person who shows up for a trip/meetup (and their guest or guests) is responsible for his or her own safety. By attending a hike, or any other event organized by this group, you are acknowledging that you and any guests that you bring are aware of the risks, dangers and hazards associated with the activity and freely accept and fully assume all such risks, dangers and hazards, and further agree to release and discharge the Organizers, Members of the Hiking With Dean Meetup Group from and against any and all liability arising from your participation in the group activities per the ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND LIABILITY WAIVER.
“HWD is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.”