GORGEOUS HIKE thru the California POPPY reserve…. we’re doing an EASY PEAZY stroll through the poppy fields… takin’ some pics and related shenanigans for a few hours and then heading to the town of Lancaster for the POPPY FESTIVAL!!
Poppy Reserve Website (http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=627)
Poppy Festival Website (http://www.poppyfestival.com/generalinformation.php)
********* NIFTY MAP to all locations ******** (http://goo.gl/maps/Gh6m4)
1) Leave the West Side no later than 8:30 AM to get to the Poppy Reserve, park, (LONG line to get into the parking lot) and meet everyone in or near the Visitor Center by 10:30 (if you get there early… the visitor center is pretty interesting) Parking $10 per vehicle
***** there’s a LOOOONG line to get into the park… get there a little early
2) We’ll gather up and leave for the hike approx 10:45 from the Visitor Center. Hike will only be 3-4 miles… and will be the easiest hike we’ve ever done. Estimated time 3 hours of hiking, with LOTS of time for photography etc.
3) Drive to the Poppy Festival ( half hour away ) Free parking, $10 admission
4) AFTER going thru the gate,,, there’s a FOOD COURT area where we’ll meet… there’s 2 music stages, art, food etc etc… ETA at the festival should be around 3-ish ish ish. It lasts till 6PM.
5) IF anyone’s interested… there’s a few cool little Saloons on the way back home… “Harley’s ROCK INN” near Lake Elizabeth open till 9PM.
*** Any questions you may have can most likely be answered by visiting the links above